Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Head and the Heart

So as I said, I will definitely be writing a lot about music. Music is an important thing in my life. I took piano lessons for 10 years and I have played the organ for church for the last 4 years or so. Very rarely, (and I mean rarely-maybe once in every 6 months) will I go without music while I'm driving. I think that if my radio were to break, I would go crazy! I am in love with Spotify and have a giant 1,100 (more or less) random song playlist that I am constantly updating. I listen to it while I am picking out my clothes for the day, while I am fixing my hair, when it's quiet at work, or when I'm browsing Facebook and Pinterest. I am one of those people who probably wishes that life had its own background music. (As long as it was playing something I really liked, and wasn't overplayed. ;) )

Getting back on track here...I would now like to introduce a group that I found a while ago. Introducing...The Head and the Heart!

 
 
Yeah I know, you probably haven't heard of them. Not very many people have. Sometimes I feel like I am the one designated to make them more popular. They are a small group from Seattle and sing folk, indie rock type of songs.
 
I found out about them when I was flipping through channels one night. I stopped on BYUtv for a minute to see if this band sounded any good, and I finished watching the rest of the episode! I really liked how unique they were! I checked out their CD at the library, and I loved it! (You can check out the episode here: http://www.byutv.org/watch/8f193803-a523-48c1-834d-152bcaacfedf/audio-files-the-head-and-the-heart)
 
Since they are pretty different, there might not be very many people that say they really like them. But I definitely think they sound better than some of the other groups you hear on the radio now! They remind me a little of 'Of Monsters and Men' or 'The Lumineers'. I got their first CD for Christmas. They released a second CD earlier this year, but I haven't listened to much of the songs. I haven't decided if I like it yet. If you are looking for some music that's a little different from what you usually listen to, I suggest listening to some of their stuff! Starting in January, I will post a whole bunch of their songs on my playlist, so check it out!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment